Wednesday 23 May 2018

One Step at a Time

          This blog is entitled "Adulting" and the url says "The Ripening of Berry" , now it's time to actually get back on track with my theme. As my first year of university has been completed, I have faced some obstacles in my way that honestly, I have thought many times to just not go back for a 2nd year. Take some time off and then go back, this still is a thought. I guess we'll see what I decide to do, but currently I am in the frame of mind of taking a year off. Now some may think of this as me quitting, it really isn't. I think of it as me doing what is best for me. My program is EXTREMELY challenging, I LOVE maths but sometimes I ask myself "is it worth it?" This question I have been asking myself a lot recently. As I grow day by day I have come to realise that sometimes sacrifices have to be made. Maybe me taking a year off from UWI won't be a bad idea, but maybe it will be. I truthfully don't know. Many see me and always wonder why I'm always smiling, why am I always happy. Well truthfully that is far from the truth. Many times I sat in my match box and cried because the workload was overwhelming, it was too much and I quite frankly wanted to give up. Many times I called mummy and told her I want to come home. I'm still within the frame of mind to give up, well not give up but simply take a year off and get back into the groove. Guess we'll see what I decide to do in a couple of weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment