Friday 15 December 2017

Why I chose what I chose ....

        A central purpose of Statistical Science is to convey the richness, breadth and unity of the field by presenting the full range of contemporary statistical thought at a modest technical level accessible to the wide community of practitioners, teachers, researchers and students of statistics and probability.
         Many have asked and CONTINUE to ask what is statistical science and WHY I chose it. I absolutely love doing anything that involves numbers. One may ask why, but I absolutely adore Mathematics, because unlike other subjects where there is one way to arrive at the answer, in mathematics I can apply various methods to arrive at that same answer. It's a more practical subject than most, where as many courses require a lot of reading. Any course which requires me to do a lot of reading, I will not succeed in, mainly because I just cannot sit and read what's on the page and memorise it.
        With me pursuing a degree in Statistical Science I could have the job of an a forensic statistician, medical statistician, pharmaceutical statistician and many other statistical jobs, these are just a few, but not what I really wish to do. My dream is to work within Sagicor General as a statistician. Why Sagicor you may ask, mainly because I have had the opportunity to see how they handle their daily tasks and I became captivated with their work environment, how diligent they are and how hardworking they are. 

My goals currently are :
* All A's in my second semester (at the end of second semester I will definitely update to let all who are reading, know if this goal was accomplished) 
* Maintain a GPA no lower than 3.7 

P.S 
to anyone who has not figured out their career path or future as yet, do not allow people to make you feel inferior. I have changed my mind on numerous occasions, as you can see from my first blog post. However, I was able to find the path that I truly love. Find what you love doing and stick at it. 😊😘






 

No comments:

Post a Comment